Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen replacement tail lights like for trucks that have cromed plastic or black plastic and bunhes of leds thet weplace stock tailight asmblys., do they make something like that for a gen4 taurus??? 2006 sel to be exact.

Alice

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
QUOTE (Alice @ Jun 6 2009, 03:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=730573
I have seen replacement tail lights like for trucks that have cromed plastic or black plastic and bunhes of leds thet weplace stock tailight asmblys., do they make something like that for a gen4 taurus??? 2006 sel to be exact.

Alice[/b]
I'm not sure about LEDs, but I know they have aftermarket "Euro" type lights... They have the clear lens and then inside, each light has it's own little coloured lens... I think you can get them with painted black or chrome inserts... Check ebay because I've seen them there.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
No, OEM-style LED lights don't exist for the G4. You'll need to make your own.

And those "Euro" lights described above are a misnomer. They originated from Japan on the Toyota Altezza (Lexus IS). Here's a picture of it:

You can order one with the chromed part in black or gray. The aren't LEDs though. They use the standard incandescent bulbs.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah a found a werb site after a nap. They sel them in the Black the crome and the smoke. here the link. ithing the black would go perfertly wit the G4 Centennial Headlight Mod. but i have a red car like in the pictur on the corme tailight page. im suprised how good its looks. i d be hapy with that. the websit also duse fake wood dash decals, in lots of colors. that lloks like it be a nice upgrade too.

so the question is should i get the crome euro tailights or the black ones and do the Centennial headlight Mod.

Alice

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
Be careful with those tail lights, they are not good quality. Almost everyone I've seen get them has complained about them leaking and just having overall poor build quality. Not to mention, IPCW, the company that makes the lights, doesn't exactly have the best reputation in the world.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a red Gen 4 too and I did the centennial headlight mod and I was thinking about doing the black altezza housing. I had my taillights tinted already, but I'm afraid of getting rearended because they dim the bulbs.

Would it be possible to add some silicone to the surrounding of the IPCW taillights so they can withstand leaking more?

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
QUOTE (Alice @ Jun 6 2009, 09:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=730663
yeah a found a werb site after a nap. They sel them in the Black the crome and the smoke. here the link. ithing the black would go perfertly wit the G4 Centennial Headlight Mod. but i have a red car like in the pictur on the corme tailight page. im suprised how good its looks. i d be hapy with that. the websit also duse fake wood dash decals, in lots of colors. that lloks like it be a nice upgrade too.

so the question is should i get the crome euro tailights or the black ones and do the Centennial headlight Mod.

Alice[/b]
Don't do the fake wood dash decals...they look HORRIBLY cheap in person - exactly like fake wood decals. If you want wood trim, get the factory stuff.

I don't particularly care for the Altezza taillights...IMHO they just don't go with anything on the car.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Those altezza's are NOTORIOUS for yellowing their lenses and Breaking/cracking easilly. All of the Honda's and Ricers around here that have those "euro" lights have them either yellowed to HELL or broken/cracked/fogged up lenses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts