Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm going to be getting a 6 disc changer from a gen4's console... will I be able to mount it in the trunk (my ses has the column shifter)? Or is it not do-able? Where can I get the mounting brackets? I saw the cable to connect the changer to the rear radio part.

If you haven't guessed, I'm completely clueless when it comes to this :(

Thanks for your help!!!! :banana:

·
Registered
206 Posts
It should work so long as you put in exactly as you would in the console. In other words, you will probably have to mount it to the side of the trunk facing up, rather than on the lip of the trunk facing out.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:bump:

Sorry, but does anybody else have any advice? I will get the wiring on eBay, but what kind of mounting bracket should i use and wheres a good place to get it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
see you are gonna have to be carefull of the changer you get. Must be specifically designed to work with the standard head unit or you will just piss the money away. If you buy one it should come with the proper mounting bracket and the cables. Then you just need to mount it and run the cables over to the drivers side rear wheel well where you will find a silver box. pop that sucker open and connect the wires and you are done.

Y

·
0 Posts
no need, to pop anything off, its plug and play. ;)

check my car domain site I also added the CD changer I have good pics of the "silver" RCU in the trunk on the drivers side fender, just pul back the carpet and plug in your harness and your done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts