Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i had acouple questions with my Gen4 01 Bulls factory alarm. I will set the alarm (press the button twice) and activate the alarm and had my buddy get in the back of my car, and he popped the door open and nothing happened. Shouldnt the alarm go off indicating an introoder? I press the button and the horn goes off and the lights do thier thing, but the door thing buggs me. Should it go off?

Also i notice when i run out of windshield cleaner there is no light that goes on, telling me that i am out. I have never noticed there was one but i am pretty sure there should be a warning light that should pop up.?!?!

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don't know, but you might not have the factory alarm system. I have a 2000 Taurus SE and don't have it. I just have the passive anti theft system that won't let the car start without the key. Pressing the button on the fob is setting off the Panic Alarm. I may be wrong though, cause I don't know how the factory alarm works anyway. Also, I've never run out of washer fluid and wouldn't know about the light. You should check the owners manual and look at the part that shows and lists all the dash lights. If it's not there then we've no empty washer light.

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Yeah, sounds like you don't have the factory alarm system. The horn honks to tell you to lay off the door lock button since they're already locked.

As for the windshield washer fluid level indicator, it's pretty much a mythical thing that doesn't exist, even though the wiring diagrams and the dash indicators light says, there is one, but no, it doesn't.

-mobiuslogic

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea thats what i kind of thought. Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Which button are you pressing? Pressing the lock button twice and getting a single honk means all the doors are locked. Two honks means one of the doors is ajar. The factory anti-theft has a flashing red light on the dash.

I'm not sure if someone from the inside popping the doors would be enough to set it off. Haven't actually set mine off but I'm not too worried about it. I like it better than the alarm I had before that would go off by accident once in a while. I mean I still the full auto insurance discount and you don't set it off by accident if you're getting gas at a gas station.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Gen4 SEL, with the factory alarm - If someone is in the vehicle after the doors are locked, after about a 1/2 minute delay, if they exit the vehicle the alarm will go off. Hope that helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts