Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interior Color:Midnight Black
Wood trim: KW

Been hunting and searching far and wide. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:bump:

There is a LKQ location close to me that I have tried calling. They definitely do not stock this part (does anyone?) and Ive found out they may have 2 or 3 gen 4.5 Taurus SEL's at any given time. I am thinking that these would be a prime candidate to potentially come across one with black interior and a visit might hurt my chances...now just to get access inside somehow, this place is huge. :noes:

Essentially from numerous conversations I get these guys just dont want to deal with it. Its really not worth their time and the yard persons time for the sale. These cars are probably just getting crushed after stripped. Anyone know someone who works at a LKQ that may be able to help this search out in any way?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Interior Color:Midnight Black
Wood trim: KW

Been hunting and searching far and wide. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Can you narrow it down to a few particular years ?

What is the significance of the "KW" after the wood trim above ?

Would one from a 02 or 03 sable work ?

How much are you looking to spend ? Not sure what this item goes for at the junk yard ?

k8crd

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sure, the reason I said KW was that was the wood trim code inside the steering wheel I have from an 05 taurus. Essentially it looks cherry, the picture attached can illustrate more accurately.
Years need to be 03-07 taurus. The problem being, black interior is turning out to be more rare than say beige or grey. However, these parts are going for anywhere from 20-50$ dollars (usually includes piece around the floor shifter as well, I have column so dont need it) I am willing to pay any reasonable price(yard cost, shipping cost, & $5 or so for your efforts locating it) Hope this helps narrow it down k8crd...

:::proceeds to wait an eternity:::

1 - 7 of 7 Posts