Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i am having some troubles finding a grommet to run some 1/0 wire through, the car is a 1999 taurus wagon with a column shifter...any help pics would be appreciated. yes i did search through the whole grommet thread and found some good info but not enough for my particular car

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
You could probably find something at an electrical supply house.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
You can go through the drivers side fender where all the wiring goes in. Or where the floor shifter cable would normally go.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could probably find something at an electrical supply house.
Opps, maybe i didnt make it clear enough...im looking for a firewall hole/grommet to run wire to the battery, sorry for the confusion.
You can go through the drivers side fender where all the wiring goes in. Or where the floor shifter cable would normally go.
Do you know where i can find a diagram or picture for this?
I also have the Duratec motor if that makes any difference for space.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm not certian but I think on the gen 3 there's a firewall hole big enough for 1/0 wire near the front driver's side strut tower.

I've heard its a pita for duratecs but I had to use a wire hanger to get 4 gauge through. (gen 4 btw)

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
The hole location is no different, the firewall is the same on all Tauruses. It's just a PITA to see on any engine other than a Vulcan :lol: You may want to jack the car up and look from underneath the car. Use jack stands!

·
Registered
6 Posts
You could always use a bulkhead connector. It would solve the issue of having to drag the wire through the hole. You will have to drill your own hole for this but it isn't as big of a deal as you might think. Just be smart about your work, check both sides of the firewall before you drill and put it in a logical place. Best of luck to you. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts