Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok am looking to find out the price you paid for your Gen3 SHO gauge cluster if you have replaced your plain gen3 cluster with a SHO one. I've gotten several quotes for around 80 bucks and i don't have any yards around me so that's not an option. I'm just checking to see if 80 is a fair price or not. :) Thanks in advance for any responses.

G

·
Thinking about changing the old Sable one with a SHO? Nice, Im wanting to do the same after I get the chip from AMS. Let me know how it goes. Also $60 would be a fair price. $80 seems a little too steep.

Sal

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah been wanting to do it since i got my AMS reprogram since i easily top out the speedo after that. If you know where to get them for 60 at let me know the cheapest prices i have found so far has been around 80. Which like you said seems a bit steep for me also.

·
Premium Member
14,127 Posts
I paid ~$20+S&H on flea bay a couple of months ago. I have my original that is a '97 but has a '99 tach face on it if your interested.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
What I need to find is a gen 3 SHO cluster with a speedometer that goes to 240 km/h. :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Originally posted by 2000SVT@Apr 3 2005, 10:15 AM
would the gen 3 SHO cluster work in a gen4 taurus ???
Also, a '96 cluster will not work on a non-96 Taurus. I have a 96 SHO cluster, and it will not work for my 97 SHO ( I wanted to hook up the LED TR indicator lights).

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Originally posted by silvapain+Apr 4 2005, 03:13 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (silvapain @ Apr 4 2005, 03:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-2000SVT@Apr 3 2005, 10:15 AM
would the gen 3 SHO cluster work in a gen4 taurus ???
Also, a '96 cluster will not work on a non-96 Taurus. I have a 96 SHO cluster, and it will not work for my 97 SHO ( I wanted to hook up the LED TR indicator lights). [/b][/quote]
That's because they went from 3 harnesses to 2, right?

JR

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
They did. Lots of cars have that feature...the Toyota Avalon, older Hyundai Sonata...it's kind of neat to have.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32+Apr 5 2005, 11:39 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (godspunk32 @ Apr 5 2005, 11:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SHOZ123@Apr 5 2005, 12:11 AM
The '96s had gear selected lights in the cluster under the speedo.
Did they also have the floor mount lights like the rest of them do? That would seem really redundant...

JR [/b][/quote]
Also it works great for making your gauge cluster look like some rave :banana:

96 Cluster

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
The third harness IS for the TR lights, but the rest of the cluster is different, too. The various indicator lights are in different places on the cluster, ans the circuitry is just generally a little different.

BTW, the TR lights and the harness are separate from the rest of the circuit, and can be removed separately.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.