41 - 60 of 603 Posts

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
got a bonus for sales so im paid...

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
UPDATED PICS of "Trimmed" A pillar re-install in original thread. (PS. I can't post pics in this thread)

I will finish the pics of the mock-up photos here shortly.....

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
Gen IV owners:

Please see new post on fit in original A-pillar thread:

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?...42089&st=75
[/b]
Even with that gap from the outside who cares, it's not like you drive your car from the outside anyways. I am still in even with the gap.
[/b][/quote]

I will get some pics up will the small piece trimmed out. I trimmed about 1/4" of the top and reinstalled it - that got rid of the gap from the front and it fit closer to the roof line. They nice thing is that the mounting clips line up perfectly and securely hold the A-pillar very snug. If you Gen IV owners do decide to "trim" the piece to make a better fit, (friendly advice) : PLEASE be extremely careful with the cutting tool [box cutter, etc). The plastic is pretty rigid. I ended up "scribing" the cut line and kept going over the line until little by little until I was through the whole way. The piece is rounded, so it is very easy to slip and potentially cut yourself or go off line and scratch the pillar. PICS by tomorrow of the re-fit
[/b][/quote]

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
looks good to me should be a great mod for the new gauges...

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
humm i was looking at the pics and my car..... i was woundering if you could swing the gage pods closer to the door?
that way the "A" pillar will not be as wide with the gages and would not block as much of the road.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
There is room for adjustment. You could easily turn them atleast 1/2 in more towards the door from their current positionin the pics.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
yea, swinging the gages around the 1/2 inch should realy help reduce how much visability they take up. They could almost be inline with the a pillar rather then stuck on to the side. Maybe the additional width of the gen4 A pillar makes it look like the gauges could be put inline.
At work i held up a roll of tape that was 2 1/4 and it could be positioned not to block my view...... I will try ant take picks monday.

I have driven 2 cars with gauge pods and they sceemed to realy block my view. I want the gauge pods but i am concerned about them blocking my view.

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
I would say have the pods tilt a little more towards the driver.

Dunno what it looks like in the car, but they don't look the best angle in the pics.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
is this going to happen? id like it to. i have money in hand but 5 out of 20 doesnt work at all and there are a million other things i need.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Well I am still looking forward to this. We have needed these for far too long now. Come on everyone! Get some! :)

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Well if everyone is waiting on everyone then it wont happen. We need more people to pay. I have a couple other poele who are ready to pay, but well if everyone waits that is all we will be doing. So if you want it pay and more people will join in.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Well if everyone is waiting on everyone then it wont happen. We need more people to pay. I have a couple other poele who are ready to pay, but well if everyone waits that is all we will be doing. So if you want it pay and more people will join in. [/b]
X2. The worst is that if it doesn't happen, SHObros will just refund the money. No loss there.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Plus, look how the UDP Group Buy went. Pretty smooth, soon as the buyers paid, SHOBROS produced and people go their pullies in good time. I do not see how this group buy would be any different.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Yeah I got my Pully (still not installed yet :S).

Even if we can't get 20 to buy would that just make the price go up for this? Or is that the minimum order?

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
If we can't get 20 people, you give me a call. I'll even pay for 5 or so, and then you can keep them and sell them and pay me back. I'm sure once you have the physical pillars in your possession, people will be calling and emailing you non-stop to buy them.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
x2 with buying extra to get it going on. people this is custom stuff were getting here get in or stop asking what is available for our cars !!

41 - 60 of 603 Posts