Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 603 Posts

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay the time has come for the Gen3 Pillar Pod Group Buy. They will come in at least 6 different colors and fit 3 gauges.

The cost is $79 shipped for the pillar, and less $8 for not painted.

To purchase the pillar go here: SHOBros Garage

Please let us know who you are on the forum.

There is the option for Black (unpainted),dark blue, tan, green, mocha, grey.

We will be testing a mock up here soon.

Once we have 20 orders, we will have them made.

Gen3
1. DEDragonknight (paid)
2. 24vsable (Paid)
3. Bighouseball55
4. silvapain (Paid)
5. coneynew (paid)
6. RPFlloyd
7. Wingzwin
8. swanny09
9. SableOHC (paid)
10. D Man (paid)
11. allan greyling (shoforum)
12. SHOZ123 (paid)
13. Mossdahaus (shoforum) (paid)
14. njsho38 (shoforum)
15. SHOGrabber (shoforum)
16. maxin76 (paid)
17. gamefanatic (paid)
18. Jose
19. fredle (SHOForum) (paid)
20. The_Silver_Bullet (paid)
21. Ict_Lx (paid)
22. Lucky 13 (paid)
23. Tom (paid)
24. Shane (V8 List) (paid)
25. Pinball-Mark (paid)
26. pcross_53 (SHOForum) (paid)
27. sultech (paid)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Do you guys need a depsoit or anything from us?

Or are you just waiting for 20 people who are intereested in one, than you'll get them made??

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Will these be available later? I'm not sure if I want pillar guages yet, but I don't want to miss an opportunity.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
I will be paying once we have the 20 interested people, hopefully they will all pay too :)

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They will be available later, but that is of course if we get enough people.

We are taking moeny now as it took a while for the pullies. Between SHoForum and TCCA I think we have enough people. I will do my best to keep the lists updated.

If you are at least interested let me know but be prepaird to pay soon as there was more intrest on SHOForum.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I will be paying once we have the 20 interested people, hopefully they will all pay too :)
[/b]

Ditto..
I wanna see that their is 20 interested people in this before I fork over the $. I don't wana drop the $ and have to wait another month for 2 more people.
But with the people on SHoforum, I too belive it shouldn't take long to get the other 8 people

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
fast question, are you going to be offering any other colors? I've got the 99 dark denim blue interior, and the dark blue you are offering is too dark compared to my interior or would i just have to get the black and paint it myself? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Were there 2 different dark blues? The pillar was taken from a Taurus. To be able to offer the different colors I need a sample. So if you want it make sure what I ahve is corret, if not send a sample, or you will have to do it yourself.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
okay, checked my car:

this is what my interior looks like:

You can't see the pillars, but its the same color. The blue that you have looks darker...

If I do decide to opt in for this buy, how would i go about sending a sample? (if they are two different colors)

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Soccernamlak:

Let me see if I see have photos of the interior of the Blue Sable I pulled the pillar from.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
If you want this, you should expect to put your money where your mouth is. This is SHOBros - they aren't going to rip us off.
[/b]
It's not that I or any one else thinks they may rip us off. I know they'll give full refunds or deliver product when it's available but i don't wanna drop the cash today and not see anything get done for a month or two beacuse we need 2 more people who may be interested. That doesn't make any sense, for someone who doesn't have $$ flowing whenever.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Email sent w/ pics. The factory colors options for interiors are listed in the Encyclopedia. The pics I posted of the (6) diff Gen III A-pillars look darker than in the photos than they actually are. Maybe they should offer a plain black one too, that's up to the guys at SHOBROS I guess.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
got the email...maybe they are darker.....although looking at the encyclopedia, the sable was deep slate blue while the taurus is deep denim blue....i'm not sure if there is a difference? :dunno:

they are offering a plain black unpainted one....

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As far as a sample I need a 4"x4" piece of material that is the same color. You can either send in the sample, you can go with an un painted one or chance it with what we have.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
Aight, I'm working with Coney right now about him sending me the blue pillar he used in the pic for comparison. If its the same, then everything is cool. If not, I'll get a sample sent to you with my color. Either way, I should know roughly next week what I'm doing and either way, I'm in for this, but i'm not going to be able to order until i see about the coloring. Because paint is harder to find for this color and i don't want to chance it, I'd rather be sure on color matches before placing an order.

I appreciate your help and understanding loudsho! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
count me in ill take one for my car.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Agreed Dan, i know they wont, but i just wanna keep my funds open for the moment.

1 - 20 of 603 Posts