Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've got an optionless Gen 3 Taurus. A few months ago I installed the JBL RCU and Subs/Speakers/Tweeters. On the harness I have for my JBL stuff it has the factory CD Changer Plug. Now I just bought a used Gen3 CD changer with brackets/harness/Mag off someone on the forum. Before I tried figuring out how to mount the CD changer (which is my next question) I plugged the CD changer in and tried listening to a CD but when I hit the CD button on the ICP it said CDE1 and then No DJ. Could this have anything to do with using my JBL harness with the CD changer?

I wanted to ask before I swapped my JBL harness with the one I got with the changer because I didnt want to lose my sub and speakers and have a whole new problem on my hand.

Finally could anyone tell me how to mount this thing? I don't have the trunk trim with the space for the CD changer I was just planning on cutting my trunk carpet up a little bit.

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,405 Posts
Your Gen 3 should already have the CD changer plug..mine did and I have all the JBL setup...door JBL speakers, JBL tweeters, rear deck JBL's and JBL sub...I never used a JBL harness. However I had to get a CD capable ICP,first then I just hooked it all up, using the existing wiring, too. I believe all Gen3's have the wiring for all stereo options already.
For the not playing issue, did you have the changer grounded to the body, I mean was it in your hand or resting in the mount position, that might be an issue.
As far as mounting the changer goes....just pull away the side trunk cover...and look by the antenna.... there should be brackets there to hook to...just kind of put it in place and you should be able to see where the mounting goes...just get some wire nuts and some screws from your local hardware store.
You should be able to find a trunk cover at your local J/Y for cheap..instead of cutting up the one you have now, lots of times the changers are missing, but the covers are left in. Worth a look!!
Any other questions just shoot me a PM and I can send pics of the mounting...or send coneynew a PM he has the exact same setup,too. either of us should be able to help.
One more thing..you have to find a JBL rear package shelf...it really does help with the sub sound!!...for a pic go to coneynew's garage. He has a pic of it posted so you know what to look for.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I plugged the CD changer in and tried listening to a CD but when I hit the CD button on the ICP it said CDE1 and then No DJ. Could this have anything to do with using my JBL harness with the CD changer?

No it doesn't have anything to do with the JBL Harness.(JBL harness is the same as any other year harness for the changers; all of them have the same colors) It may have to do with the ground as Don already suggested or with the changer itself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts