Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yeah, I've had my setup for a while, cd's play fine, audio quality is friggin great... even with stock speaks up front.... right now in back, i've got a sub, and no deck speakers, i blew my aftermarkets...

The front speaks are brand new after the blowout.... i bought em from ford...

Anyways, I get HORRIBLE radio reception.... even bass all the way down, treble turned all the way up... it makes my speaks sound like i blew em... all staticky and nasty... when driving and when parked....

Am i just getting signal degradation through the long antenna cable running up to my H/U?

and should i check into one of these? EBAY link (Signal Amp)
or this
Magnum Signal amp

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
I can't say that I have noticed a problem with the radion in my Gen III since I put an aftermarket HU in.

Have you made sure you have a good connection at both ends of the antenna wire?

Did you run the power wire for the amp alongside the antenna wire? I did read somewhere that the power wire can interfere with some of the other wiring it's near (that's why I ran mine along the passenger side)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well... after a long battle, I've:

moved the amp power line (no effect)

checked the antenna cable connects at the back of the H/U and at the antenna (no effect)

purchased a new amp'd rubber antenna (which i like the look better anyways, but no effect)

Purchased and returned antenna noise reducer from the local sound pro's (no effect)

Removed, rewired, and reset all radio presets, etc. (no effect)

Replaced factory head unit for test and the radio works fine....

So it's definately just a prollem with my head unit....

Guess I'll be investing in a new head unit at some point in time... ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts