Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at the haynes manual yesterday. One of the pictures talk about,
removing the resistance thingy beside the blower motor & spraying some deodorising spray intot that opening (which I believe is the access point to evaporator core?)

Has any one done the above?

Also, it talks about cleaning the drain tube (that sticks out the firewall) from the evaporator. My question is how do you clean that...? :unsure:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Have you changed out the cabin filter lately? Under the hood on the passenger side firewall. Also, clean out that area after removing the filter. I vacummed it out and then wiped it clean and then sprayed some disenfectant.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The key to preventing this smell is to turn off the A/C and turn on the vent mode 5 minutes before you get home. This helps remove the condensation from the systems which gets rid of the mold/musty smell. This is works pretty well.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Wipers? That's another easy one. SEARCH it! :p

·
Registered
241 Posts
My 98 Taurus SE has the same problem. However, when I try to look for the cabinet filter, it is not there. And I look up the manual. It says optional. So there could be no such thing in my car.

I don't know where I should spray the lysol disinfectant into in order to kill those mold.

thanks for the input

1 - 10 of 10 Posts