Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do they compare to a Gen4 Duratec?? Seems they are pretty close to one another in performance,right? With springs and sway bars a gen4 duratec should keep right up with a gen2 sho right??

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
An aged ATX car is comparable with the 4G Duratec. Even the newest '04 motors with 201/207 hp/tq are still down 19/7, and they weigh a good 150-200 lbs. more.

An MTX... not close. At least a full second difference in the 1/4, stock for stock.

Road racing, again, SHO has the edge, although there are at least 3 members here who can probably run with one.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
I wouldn't say they're that close. Like TB said,
An MTX... not close. At least a full second difference in the 1/4, stock for stock.
The fun of the 5-speed also puts the SHO over the top with the fun factor in my book. Plus the fact that SHO's have many more performance mods available, while the 'tec has squat.

You can then begin to think about the age factor and maintenance, but you asked about performance, so I won't get into that.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes the age of G2s was a factor, which is why I requested info on 97 and upG3s in the other thread. But the 3s have problems I just dont want to deal with,so I will just have to deal with more maintenance issues due to age,IF I decide to get one that is. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts