Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the thread title says, what is the size of a gen2 SHO ATX transmission cooler?

Thanks.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, that's quite impressive. I'll have to scope my local salvage yard for an ATX Gen2. The gen2 SHOs I've found there are both manuals.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Yes, I drilled and tapped it for a 1/4 " bolt. Very hard steel so you have to start with a small bit and work your way up.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You wouldn't happen to know anyone that has an extra laying around that I may purchase.

Did you bypass the radiator or is it connected in series?

·
Registered
200 Posts
It's the best there is for a Gen 3-4.
I am looking at putting a trans. cooler in my Gen. 4 Sable.

Do you happen to know what the square footage or square inches is of this cooler ? In case I can not find a Gen 2 sho Trans. cooler, I was looking to find a cooler with the approximate cooling area!

What was your highest trans. oil temperature of your sho non race track driving before the cooler was installed and after it was installed ?

Is the trans. cooler a better way to go than going to Synthetic ATF with the higher temperature (240 F) capability than the conventional ATF ?

How does the trans. cooler affect the transmission operation in the winter ( I live in Michigan) as far as the torque converter clutch functioning. I understand that the transmission has to be up to a certain temperature before torque converter clutch (OD) will function ?

Thank you in advance,

k8crd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts