Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well yesterday i was rear ended by some guy driving a dodge Durango. He must have been doing 40+ because my poor baby didnt fare well...
I am alright, it was just me driving the car and i dont have any injuries what so ever, very lucky. totaled my car obviously. also shoved me into a subaru in front of me, which only recieved a slightly bent bumper and some paint scratches from my car.

his durango, not much damage. makes me want a durango lol

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Kay-runch. Glad you're ok and hope you didn't have anything too important stowed away back there! Good luck with the insurance values and car shopping.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Trevor @ Jun 2 2010, 12:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808562
Kay-runch. Glad you're ok and hope you didn't have anything too important stowed away back there! Good luck with the insurance values and car shopping.[/b]
nothing that cant be replaced... just a sub was distroyed, the amp and a second battery was salvaged, got pushed into my back seat. pretty much everything in the trunk was pushed into my back seat.

·
Registered
809 Posts
:blink: Wow that must have made one heck of a loud bang!!! :ph34r:

Glad you were not hurt, the old Bull performed as designed!!

That Durango most likely will be totaled also, all it takes is a higher mileage vehicle with a bent up frame rail.

Now the fun begins with the insurance company, but shopping for a new Bull can be fun!!

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Glad you were ok. You got feel a little sore today. When I see that type of damage from a rear-end hit, it just gives me more fire power why I will never ride in the back of a Mini or similar vehicle. IIRC, those middle part of the front bumper on the Dodge is steel. Hope you make out in the end w/ another car you enjoy.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
God dang man! Glad you are OK. Nice to see the cabin is intact, but dang that car took a hit.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Wow. That's awful!!! Sorry to hear about it.

Hopefully his insurance will pay for you to get a new car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (Sean T. @ Jun 2 2010, 10:25 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808703
Wow. That's awful!!! Sorry to hear about it.

Hopefully his insurance will pay for you to get a new car.[/b]
thanks guys,

yeah the fun begins with the insurance company. Im hoping to get a gen2 sho after this. been wanting one for a long while now.

·
Registered
524 Posts
QUOTE (devinpitcher @ Jun 2 2010, 10:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808861
No intention to start a war, but that's why I love Dodge! :p So strong!
Sorry about your car though! Good luck getting that SHO![/b]
Not trying to start a war either, but the Taurus was the one that got rear ended, and it took it like a champ.

Glad you and everyone is OK. Hopefully you get good money from the your insurance company.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
not to be a ****, but if you don't get another car with a 5x108 bolt pattern, can I haz your rims? lol :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (Jh8909 @ Jun 3 2010, 12:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808886
not to be a ****, but if you don't get another car with a 5x108 bolt pattern, can I haz your rims? lol :D[/b]
yeah, ill sell em to ya for a good price, id like to find a car with 5x108. its far a few between. valvo's have 5x108 and ive been contemplating on getting a volvo next if i cant find a sho just for the bolt pattern. i know they make adapters but i dont know how effective they are.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Dakota/Durangos dont have the best crash test ratings. Look like by the time he hit the brakes, he had already rear ended the Taurus. The higher front bumper made contact with the Taurus's trunk, not the bumper.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.