Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well yesterday i was rear ended by some guy driving a dodge Durango. He must have been doing 40+ because my poor baby didnt fare well...
I am alright, it was just me driving the car and i dont have any injuries what so ever, very lucky. totaled my car obviously. also shoved me into a subaru in front of me, which only recieved a slightly bent bumper and some paint scratches from my car.

his durango, not much damage. makes me want a durango lol

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Kay-runch. Glad you're ok and hope you didn't have anything too important stowed away back there! Good luck with the insurance values and car shopping.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Trevor @ Jun 2 2010, 12:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808562
Kay-runch. Glad you're ok and hope you didn't have anything too important stowed away back there! Good luck with the insurance values and car shopping.[/b]
nothing that cant be replaced... just a sub was distroyed, the amp and a second battery was salvaged, got pushed into my back seat. pretty much everything in the trunk was pushed into my back seat.

·
Registered
809 Posts
:blink: Wow that must have made one heck of a loud bang!!! :ph34r:

Glad you were not hurt, the old Bull performed as designed!!

That Durango most likely will be totaled also, all it takes is a higher mileage vehicle with a bent up frame rail.

Now the fun begins with the insurance company, but shopping for a new Bull can be fun!!

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Glad you were ok. You got feel a little sore today. When I see that type of damage from a rear-end hit, it just gives me more fire power why I will never ride in the back of a Mini or similar vehicle. IIRC, those middle part of the front bumper on the Dodge is steel. Hope you make out in the end w/ another car you enjoy.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
God dang man! Glad you are OK. Nice to see the cabin is intact, but dang that car took a hit.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Wow. That's awful!!! Sorry to hear about it.

Hopefully his insurance will pay for you to get a new car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (Sean T. @ Jun 2 2010, 10:25 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808703
Wow. That's awful!!! Sorry to hear about it.

Hopefully his insurance will pay for you to get a new car.[/b]
thanks guys,

yeah the fun begins with the insurance company. Im hoping to get a gen2 sho after this. been wanting one for a long while now.

·
Registered
524 Posts
QUOTE (devinpitcher @ Jun 2 2010, 10:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808861
No intention to start a war, but that's why I love Dodge! :p So strong!
Sorry about your car though! Good luck getting that SHO![/b]
Not trying to start a war either, but the Taurus was the one that got rear ended, and it took it like a champ.

Glad you and everyone is OK. Hopefully you get good money from the your insurance company.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
not to be a ****, but if you don't get another car with a 5x108 bolt pattern, can I haz your rims? lol :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (Jh8909 @ Jun 3 2010, 12:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808886
not to be a ****, but if you don't get another car with a 5x108 bolt pattern, can I haz your rims? lol :D[/b]
yeah, ill sell em to ya for a good price, id like to find a car with 5x108. its far a few between. valvo's have 5x108 and ive been contemplating on getting a volvo next if i cant find a sho just for the bolt pattern. i know they make adapters but i dont know how effective they are.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts