Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Let me just start by saying I have been very impressed and extremely grateful for all the helpful information I have found here on the forums so far. You have helped me tackle a great deal on my own.

So, here is my question. I'm doing a long overdue tune-up on my Taurus. I've done a great deal so far, but there is a part I'm having trouble finding any information on. It is attached to the upper intake manifold on the passenger's side and looks like a vent for the real valve cover, but I'm not sure. So, what I need to know is what these parts are actually called and part numbers would be great, if possible. Also, there is what appears to be felt directly on the valve cover. Should that be replaced? One last thing. The hose that goes into the valve cover moves freely. Should that be secured in some form or fashion? Images attached. Much appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
697 Posts
It's the PCV valve and connecting hose. The PCV valve Should be a snug fit into the valve cover and the hose should fit snugly on the PCV valve and the intake manifold.

·
Premium Member
7,537 Posts
It's the PCV valve and connecting hose. The PCV valve Should be a snug fit into the valve cover and the hose should fit snugly on the PCV valve and the intake manifold.
^ +1

The bottom most plastic part is the PCV valve itself (Part # F6DZ-6A666-EA). If you take the hose off, you should hear it rattle if you shake it gently. That's attached to the rubber hose and then to the engine crankcase breather hose elbow that plugs into the manifold (Part # 1F1Z-6762-A). The "felt thing" is the PCV Retainer grommet (Part # F4DZ-6A892-A).

If either end is loose, it might be leaking air and you have a problem. Make sure the hose isn't cracked either. My guess is the grommet is worn.

Alternatively, you can buy the whole hose assembly (without grommet) as Part # 2F1Z-6C324-A.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I don't know if you can tell in the picture, but the hose and connector are almost completely dry rotted. So, if I'm thinking correctly, the grommet just sits on top and fits snugly into that hole on top of the crankcase and then the PCV valve and hose snug into that? $30 for just the grommet, though. That seems like a bit much, but I can't seem to find anything about it on RockAuto. Any ideas other than Ford parts? Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts