Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, it seems this thread shows up about once or twice a year but here goes, what is the simplest way to add fogs to my 04 Taurus? I don't want to cut the bumper. I don't really want them in the grill either. I thought I saw one person post that they mounted them behind the bumper some how but had to remove the "splash gaurd". Isn't that a bad thing? So someone tell me in some detail how I can mount some fogs behind the bumper with out cutting?

Also what is the simplest / best way to wire them so they work off the regular head light switch? Be nice if they came on with the parking lights like on my Mustang.

Any help appreciated!

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
This would work on an '04-'07 too.

They're mounted to the foam bumper core behind the bumper cover...mounting them to the steel bumper itself puts them too far back to do anything, on the G4 at least. I don't remember the wire colors off the top of my head (they're posted here somewhere) but you'll need to tie a relay into the headlamp wiring if you want them to operate with the headlights. You can also use the relay to turn them off with the high beams, which is legally how they should operate.

I removed the bumper cover to install mine - it's not hard to remove, and it makes installing the lights MUCH easier. Line them up and mark before attaching them permanently to make sure they line up with the bumper and that they'll aim properly, and you'll be good.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
I mounted mine to the steel header behind the foam core. I dont know if I would trust the foam to hold the lights in place. You could make a bracket to extend forward frome the steel brace if it is to far back on yours. I do know that the heat from my lights has "melted" some of the foam core above them, one reason I wouldnt trust mounting to the foam core.

[attachment=30068:346.JPG]

I didnt remove my bumper cover to install them, though it would have been easier to do. I did take down the splash shield for instalation, but did replace it when done.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Do some serious research into what looks like it might fit.

The 2000 Sable lights I put in my 2000 SES look like they might almost fit in your bumper.

Mike
:dunno:

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
You have to remove the splash guard in order to ACCESS them.. but otherwise.. you can mount them in there and put the spash guard back. :)

I have Dichroics like Ford SES's and I have to say... Dichroics are the best for foul weather/fog lighting.

(by the way.. this is a G3 not a G4.. but you want to put foglights.. so)

I mounted these by removing the air dam (splash guard) and running the wires through the wheel well (had to remove the wheel well splash guard too..) mounted the relay under the hood.. and everything just ran to their appropriate place. I put the splash guards back on and... voila! done.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
QUOTE (Mediarocker @ Jul 13 2009, 07:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=739212
I have Dichroics like Ford SES's and I have to say... Dichroics are the best for foul weather/fog lighting.[/b]
:werd: Definitely.

I've had two different sets of fogs mounted to the foam core for several years - they're in there securely and I have had no melting at all.

I've noticed alot of G 4.5 owners put the lights behind the front grille...[/b]
Got those too...they're DRLs. :)

Pic is from December 2005...so no mesh or actual fog lights yet. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts