Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, to upgrade the front rotors on my 99 sable, what would i need?? Would the larger Gen IV rotors bolt up and fit with my 15" rims? Would i need different calipers and brackets? Is there any OE style caliper thats like a twin piston that would bolt up with the gen iv rotors?

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Would the Gen IV Rotors calipers and caliper brackets bolt up and work on a gen 3?? and if so what other calipers would bolt up on a gen iv caliper bracket?? would a mustang caliper?

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They will not clear 15" wheels.
Well that really sucks... this is already the second set of wheels on this car. Haha. I guess maybe after i wear the new tires out i might consider the swap.. Know anything about caliper fitment between ford cars??

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Correct.

I would take the 11.6 upgrade over the GT calipers any day though. The 11.6 holds up much better at the track.

I'm sure it does but i rarely ever drive like im on the track.. certain street situations i do but not very often. Plus the 11.6 upgrade requires 16" rims, which i don't feel like buying right now... just got the 15s i have and they have almost new tires on them.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I'm sure it does but i rarely ever drive like im on the track.. certain street situations i do but not very often. Plus the 11.6 upgrade requires 16" rims, which i don't feel like buying right now... just got the 15s i have and they have almost new tires on them.
What I was trying to say is that the 11.6 will hold up better o nteh street and less prone to warping which the 10.9 still do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts