Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Sears in ft wayne indiana last weekend with girlfriend and i saw some old guy in the front row handicapped spot in a cloth topped sable and after a close glance when i walked by it said presidential behind the back window on the top... wtf?? is this an aftermarket mod? Or some rare factory option? I know ive seen a couple others on here in threads so maybe it is some rare rare trim option... I wanted to snap a picture but the guy was in his car... the cloth top was white as well, all the ones ive ever seen on the net were black topped.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was at Sears in ft wayne indiana last weekend with girlfriend and i saw some old guy in the front row handicapped spot in a cloth topped sable and after a close glance when i walked by it said presidential behind the back window on the top... wtf?? is this an aftermarket mod? Or some rare factory option? I know ive seen a couple others on here in threads so maybe it is some rare rare trim option... I wanted to snap a picture but the guy was in his car... the cloth top was white as well, all the ones ive ever seen on the net were black topped.
Dammit! We should take his car, and swap it with another! lol surprisingly I found a gen 3 with a supposedly a v8 with it...never knew one came with it.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Yes, the cloth top / fake convertable top is strictly aftermarket. We have a few taurus's like that running around and I have even seen a few sables like that too.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think they call that a Landau top, there was a topic about it on here a couple months ago.

Dammit! We should take his car, and swap it with another! lol surprisingly I found a gen 3 with a supposedly a v8 with it...never knew one came with it.
You know the Gen 3 SHO is a V8 right?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
It's fake. Not to mention stupid/lame. No Tauruses were sold with Landau tops.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Those 'editions' are just chintzy add-ons that dealerships will sometimes do to increase their asking prices. No more, no less.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Were do you get a gold mercury emblem?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts