Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, what other cars use the 3.0L Duratec engine ? Do those cars have better Hp and Tq than the taurus duratechs? And if so can the possibly be put into a taurus with little modification?

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Small list of 3.0 duratec cars:

Jaguar S-type
Lincoln LS
Mazda MPV
Mazda 6
Ford Escape

With the exception of the MPV and Escape, all of these other variants make around 20-30 hp more than the Taurus version, while the two non-cars make around the same power as the Taurus'.

The main difference between the more powerful variants is different heads (done differently for each model) and the addition of VVT on some of the engines. There has been no feasible way to apply these technologies on the Taurus Duratec however.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The main difference between the more powerful variants is different heads (done differently for each model) and the addition of VVT on some of the engines. There has been no feasible way to apply these technologies on the Taurus Duratec however.[/b]
What is VVT and how come it is not feasible for our tauruses? Also, if the whole motor, harness and ecu is going to be transplanted, would it be able to work?

Only asking cause i Have some plans for the summer

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
VVT - variable valve timing...ie a system that is popularized by the Honda Vtec system. Even if all of the electronics and heads are moved over, I don't know if it will work because there might be slight differences in the block itself (different oil passages, mounting holes, etc.). Look over at the EEC tuning section and do a search. There was a brief disussion about trying to put VVT into the Taurus. Even the custom chip guy said it wasn't feasible.

But who knows, this is all speculation, if you're willing and have the money to do it, by all means try it. But do your hw first, and remember to take lots of pics!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know if it will work because there might be slight differences in the block itself (different oil passages, mounting holes, etc.)[/b]
Well what I am actually going to be doing is taking out my vulcan engine and put in a duratec, so I would be putting in a whole motor, block and all. Knowing this, there shouldnt be any problem right? Only other thing would be the tranny. I am not sure if it would bolt up to our tranny or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts