Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so.. Ive been thinking alot about finally swapping out my engine. Id just like to get some info. I might be better off asking these questions over on the shofourm but hey you knever know.

Anyways most of you guys know of my 05 Ford Taurus Se. Its a 3.0 ohv (Vulcan) edition with 63k on the clock. Nothing is wonge with the car at all.

Anyways Id really like to do the V8 sho swap:

Although this v6 SHO swap looks promissing as well.

Ok so I know that MTX would be the way to go on both swaps.. But iirc didn't some of the V6s come with ATX which have the same bell housing patten as the Vulcan's AX4S/AX4N? Which inturn should bolt right up correct?

Then again I've read that the V8 SHO swap whould be more ideal. Do the the V6 not having EEC-V. If the V6 bolts right up wouldn't it be less of a hastle than the V8. Don't get me wrong Id rather do the V8 swap Im just tossing some Ideas around. Input is appreciated.

·
Registered
61 Posts
to do either wouldnt be as hard as most would think due to the spacious area but on the v6 white sho he changed it to stick if you didnt notice im not sure about the ax4n bolting up i doubt it but if i was you i would go all out and convert to stick make it worth while the ax4n wouldnt handle the engines very well even if it did bolt up

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
the sho forum would be better to ask. the v8 would be my choice with the manual trans. but lets face facts. even the sho v6 is an improvement. iirc the ax4n will bolt up to the v6 and will handle the power. the trans still is weak but with fluid change and care it will work.

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I did notice that both where MTX. I can drive a stick ...but I have another person that would be driving this car eventually. So Im just weighing my options.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
The V8 Ho has been mated to the MTX-IV with an adapter plate as well as the Mazda 6 manual.

The V6 SHO did come with an ATX but you will want to use the SHO ATX as it is a little stronger. The ATX is still weaker compared to the MTX and the aftermarket is as good for when you use the ATX.

If you ant performance go MTX if you want show go ATX.

I believe the V6 is more of a custom job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts