Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was jsut throwing around some ideas with a couples friends which we've never hear of before.... and this one was the most realistic, is it possible to stick a v8 sho in a gen 2 body??? of course it would have to probably be automatic. Would it perform better than the v6??

hmmm... i wish i had the money to experiment. :huh:

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Spend 3 or 4 grand on a supercharger kit and other engine mod's for the V-6 Yamaha...push 450-500hp, have a 5 speed, and play with vette and viper drivers minds B)

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Originally posted by tmonster@Aug 12 2004, 08:41 PM
Spend 3 or 4 grand on a supercharger kit and other engine mod's for the V-6 Yamaha...push 450-500hp, have a 5 speed, and play with vette and viper drivers minds B)
Is that before or after the non-forged internals of the engine melt together???

lol

JR

·
Registered
129 Posts
And we would want to put the lesser engine in WHY ?? Better idea, put the V6 in a Gen 3 body. I own both so I should have a feel for what I am saying, and if you don't believe me, Didn't Kirk just sell his Gen 3, and repalced it with a Gen 1 ??

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
You can probably your engine to a 3.2l w/low compression pistons, cams and blower; have the tranny rebuilt and quaife installed and still spend less money than trying to install the V8 in a Gen2. Alot of custom fabrication would be needed along with a complete harness change forward of the firewall.

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Originally posted by 3.0cammer@Aug 13 2004, 07:34 AM
has any one built a gen 4 SHO... i would think you would just have to drop the v8 in hey it is basicly the g3 just reskined right? i think i would be pretty sweet to see a g4 with a v8
There is someone who put a GenIV front end on a GenIII SHO. Actually, I just saw it again in the archives the other day. I'll post it when I find it. It's pretty much the closest thing to a GenIV SHO I've seen.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Originally posted by SHOMAN@Aug 13 2004, 08:16 AM
And we would want to put the lesser engine in  WHY ??  Better idea, put the V6 in a Gen 3 body. I own both so I should have a feel for what I am saying, and if you don't believe me, Didn't Kirk just sell his Gen 3, and repalced it with a Gen 1 ??
No, he replaced it with a Chevy truck. He already had the G1.

The V8 is lighter and more powerful than the V6 in stock form, but the real problem is the lack of an affordable MTX option, and no source for bolt-on mods.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts