Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered these from NR Automobile Accessories through NOPI. The set includes the 3 gauges and the 2 warning light bars. They REPLACE the old faces instead of covering them like some aftermarket faces do. The only problems I found with them is the tach print is slightly offset, and the spedo does not have bold tick marks for the 5's spots. I painted the hubs of the needles flat white to match the faces and the underside red so they would stand out. To paint the underside, make sure you sand off the white paint first or it won't work. Lastly, I put some white paper in front of the 2 indicator lights in the corners so they would blend in. I think it turned out pretty well.

I need to get a decent digital camera

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
actually that's a gen 2 sho cluster...just to clear things up

·
Registered
147 Posts
Looks cool. What do they light up like at night?

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The black lettering glows a very yellowish green. The needles glow red, as I repainted them. The text on the warning lights glows instead of the background. I think I will try using some colored leds for the general illumination since there is almost no colorization.

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Originally posted by Tman@Jan 1 2004, 02:46 AM
actually that's a gen 2 sho cluster...just to clear things up
ACTUALLY...those are late gen 1 SHO gaugues...the gen 1 gaugues have more lines all the way up to 140 and they don't have a special marker for 55. The gen 2 gaugues have less dashes. Heres a pic of a gen 2 SHO speedometer I am selling in the for sale section. Notice the marker for 55 and the lack of all those lines.

-Kyle

Attachments

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Originally posted by UnDeR EsTiMaTeD@Jan 9 2004, 01:38 PM
The guages may be from a gen. 2, but the "faces" resemble a late gen. 1.
Thats EXACTLY what I am trying to say.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The faces say they are for a '92-'95 SHO, but they may have modeled the design after the G1.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts