Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm going to get my Gen 2 painted probably black or a very dark red or blue. I figure now would be a good to buy a spoiler also and get it painted with the rest of the car. I don't know what spoiler would look good though on a Gen 2 SLO, I don't really like the stock spoilers, they just don't stand out very much and I'm not really going for performance, just something to make it seem less grandparenty.

Anyway, I though maybe other cars' stocks spoilers would be a good buy on ebay, but I don't know what would make it look good and what would make it look cheasy.

Any Ideas?

·
Registered
132 Posts
yeah... the se/sho spoilers are nice...
or just look around for a nice spoiler off a FLAT TRUNK,
basically anything mounted to a flat or near flat surface will work, as long as it doesnt tip down at the ends, mine has a cavalier spoiler on it (92-94 era)

the nissan maxima's spoiler looks ok, and so does the little sunbird ones, but theres not much to them

·
Registered
230 Posts
what about the mitsu 3kGT wings??? those look pretty good and are a good fit IIRC. but by my girlfriends house there is this pontiac fiero GT and i think that spoiler would look pretty badass on a gen II, good luck finding one though :(

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
oh yeah, thats nyron's old car, my brother has the same spoiler on his 93 sho. if my se didnt have the sho spoiler i would have gotten a touring wing. as far as the 3000gt wing, contact ig88ds. he has one on his GL. looks pretty good

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Originally posted by SilverKnight@Sep 9 2004, 09:04 AM
i would have gotten a touring wing.
:withstupid:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Not entirely sure jimbo, my was from a 1992 Z24, (the boxy style)

it had to be sanded down on the outside edges about 1/4" cause when the trunk slammed they would flex a bit and rub the quaterpanels, that one looks the same, (as in angle and the way it lies) It doesnt have the regular "light bulb" or the middle column like mine but its designed to sit on the same angle trunk, and thats what did the trick for me =] so it should look fine...

and damn.. I LOVE the way those subaru ones look...
damn damn damn... a new spoiler would have to be painted... how the HECK am i gunna do that!!!! curse you Trueblue! lol :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts