Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a few of these for sale in town... a 1994 (73k, $5995), 1995 (134k, $4900), and a 1990 (121k, $3999). They seem overpriced to me.. I don't know though. Seems like a lot of money for cars with so many miles on them. I haven't been to see them yet.. maybe tomorrow.

How would one of these compare to a basic '99 SE with a Vulcan? I drive one of these now.. everything is fine on it. I know I wouldn't want to replace it with one of the SHOs unless the seats are in great shape, no dents, etc..

The more powerful SHO is drawing me in right now.. but I'm not sure how I would feel going from a '99 with 55k miles to a '94 or '95 with possibly 100k. Has anyone else done this before? I'm thinking there would possibly be more problems with them that I'd have to fix. Almost like I would be downgrading to something less.. sounds crazy though.

The 220 HP has me right now, and leather seats, etc.. but I'm not too sure about them. Ah well.. I'll hopefully be able to check these out tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
You'd really have to drive it and see if that's what you want. As a daily driver, the SHO holds up pretty well, but dropping back a few years and adding on a few thousand more miles might not be what you are looking for.

Why not look around for a 99 SHO? They have 235 bhp.

As for the prices, I'm just gonna go ahead and assume you are Canadian (
) and say that those prices aren't too high, assuming that the cars are in good shape.

You'll simply have to go look at one or more of them to decide if they are worth it. Being from the rust belt myself, I'd tell you to look under the doors and trunklid for any serious rust, and on the rear quarters to see if they are beginning to rot out. The doors and lid can be replaced easily, the quarters can't.

Good luck, and let us know what happens!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in Alaska.. it seemed like those prices were way too high to me. What do these SHOs usually sell for?

I was actually thinking of looking for a V8 SHO first.. but then I heard about the problems people are having with them, and the welding and everything.. that kind of scared me away.

I didn't get the chance to check them out this afternoon.. maybe over the weekend.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do the GEN II SHOs ride compared to the newer models? Just as smooth? From the pictures I've seen of them, they look pretty good.. the interior seems nice on them. If one of these SHOs here is in very nice shape I might have to take it.

Except for the whole 100k miles on them.. but I keep hearing that 100k miles is nothing for the Yamaha engines. I don't know though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts