Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to do something to my center light bar, but I don't know what? I would like the knight rider effect or something along those lines. Maybe even a change in color??? Somebody, anybody, help me out. Please

·
Banned
60 Posts
Dant98 did something along those lines, but with LED lights (I think). It's been awhile, and I don't know if he still has it installed.

I can't remember which trim levels for what years had how many bulbs, but I know some lightbars had two bulbs and some had four. If you only had two, there's no point to trying it but for four, it might be possible. I don't know how you'd set up a sequence though, I'm not heavy into electronics.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
86-88 had 2 bulbs, 89-95 had 4 bulbs. The way you can tell is that if the Mercury logo in the middle doesn't light up, you have 2 bulbs. With 4 bulbs, you can make them flash in a sequence if you had the Knight Rider module. Just insted of wiring it to LEDs, you wire it to the lights. If you put colored lights in the lightbar, you have to get 194s or 168s and file down the sides because the stock bulbs only come in clear and they're $11 each. Avoid red, but orange might not look too bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts