Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a Gen II SHO in a fairly cheap pick and pull close to me . I have a 95 Wagon and I was wondering if there are any suspension peices I should be grabbing off it? Is it worth the effort?

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
You can see if they replaced the stock end links with upgrade end links. Maybe it's got an h brace?

If i were you, i'd rather get the rear disc brakes.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
It doesn't have much of value for the wagon. An aftermarket h-brace doesn't work on the wagon. I believe wagons have a different disc system. I wouldn't trust the 15yr old endlinks when you have the same.

Would could convert to a SHO front end...

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It doesn't have much of value for the wagon. An aftermarket h-brace doesn't work on the wagon. I believe wagons have a different disc system. I wouldn't trust the 15yr old endlinks when you have the same.

[/b]

Already got the SHO front end. What about front sway bar. Is the SHO's bigger?

I also have a SHO on the way - getting delivered on Thursday. Any hard to find parts on the SHO that I should grab for my SHO? I already thought of the EATC but the one in the boneyard is shot.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Already got the SHO front end. What about front sway bar. Is the SHO's bigger?

I also have a SHO on the way - getting delivered on Thursday. Any hard to find parts on the SHO that I should grab for my SHO? I already thought of the EATC but the one in the boneyard is shot.
[/b][/quote]

Only on the 89-91 are they bigger but the 92 has a larger front and smaller rear.

Well you can pull the intake for a core for porting. The DIS is good. Rod shifter if you need it.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the sway bar on a SHO is the same as a SLO? DIS? what would that be?

My SHO is a 92, so as far as I know, it would have the rod shifter. You have a point on the intake, I may grab it if they don't want much for it.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
So the sway bar on a SHO is the same as a SLO? DIS? what would that be?

My SHO is a 92, so as far as I know, it would have the rod shifter. You have a point on the intake, I may grab it if they don't want much for it.
[/b]

The 89-91 have the best sway bars, period. After that they begin to suck, just because its a SHO doesn't mean it has good sway bars.

Get a 26mm rear sway bar either from us at SHO Source or from an 89-91 and you will be good.

The DIS is the big gread module on the end of the intake. We have a picture of it at SHO Source.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts