Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found a great SHO in a junkyard and i have a gen II GL how hard will it be to take the body panels bumper grill and etc. fog lights sun roof seat center consoul and etc from the SHO and swap them into my GL. is it worth it? is it to much work? i just reaslly like the body style of the show more than the genaric GL. this SHO is in in good condition. the SHO is blue and my GL is white so i would have to sand and paint the parts white.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Everything can be done just a matter of time and money. You should pull the seats as well.

The sun roof will not be worth it.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
You're going to need to swap the entire front fascia if you want a total makeover. The SHO front fascia uses Sable hood, headlights, fenders, and header panel. The front bumper cover is SHO specific and you'll need that for the foglights. The SHO rear bumper cover fits over the stock GL/LX bumper. The side cladding has mounting holes at the bottom of the doors if I remember correctly. The interior is plug-and-play though.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
The front SHO bumper is one piece. The GL is two pieces. Like Q said, the entire front end is essentially a Sable. Our corner lights will not fit into the SHOs. The SHO is much longer and you will have a gap if you can get it in there. Thats why you will need the fenders.

The SHO side panels may not line up accordingly to the GLs panel door holes, so you may need to get the doors instead.

You can get a front end sport like bumper cover from Stillen which has a hole for fog lights.

Oh yeah, get the spoiler and rewiring the GLs 3rd brake light to the LED is a piece of cake. I've done it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts