Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I luv my car and frankly it has some balls already, but how to I build a CAI for it and is it really worth it?

BTW, I own a 92' Sable LS w/ 3.8L V6

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
I tried something like that on my 3.8l a year ago; the most noticeable difference is really the sound. I used a cone filter, an exhaust adapter, and some aluminum piping from home depot. Nice growl from 2k rpm upwards (I mean, the essex isn't a rev-happy engine to begin with...). Slightly better throttle response, maybe a slight increase in power but, nothing that would make you think that it can start beating mustangs (still, its a good change though).

Go to home depot, and get some aluminum piping and start experimenting; if you like the changes, you can come back here and ask for ideas for a more permanent setup

·
Registered
901 Posts
My brother custum biult a cold air intake our of 2" mandrel bent exast pipe and a cone k&n filter. Muffex bent the pipe and did welds for him. costed $30 for pipe but the thick stainless steel looks awsome.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone got a pic of this?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Originally posted by sabledale@Dec 27 2003, 04:17 AM
2" is not to small because the intake manifolds are not any bigger than that.
Yes but keep in mind that the intake has to feed 6 of those runners.

2 Inches is way to small. Anything between 2 7/8-3 1/2in. seems to be best for me.Thats only my opinion though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts