Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
within the next few weeks i will have quite possibly the only gen 4 bull on the market with the digital gauges (climate controls) and an after market head unit
. no one makes a kit for it, but if it turns out to be a pretty easy job, then i will have a source for anyone who wants them.

but this is only for those who already have the digital gauges and want to add an aftermarket HU. i will post pics as soon as possible, but it will be after xmas, close to new year.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
how you gonna pull that off, custom faceplate or move the climate controls? (im assuming this means you are putting the radio where the old one is)

Brad

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, new hu will go where the stock radio is, climate controls will stay where they are as well.

gonna take the whole unit apart and see what needs to be done, and then seperate the units and fiberglass something together. im still interested to see how its gonna turn out, should look pretty cool though.

im actually not the person doing the work, i have a friend doing it for me. i only haev a few weeks while i am out of town to wire up the new hu and make my box and wire my subs in the trunk, so he is doing the dash kit while i am out of town for a few days. but it should soom be done, and i should soon have some of my stereo installed

if the job is fairly simple he said that he will do it for others if there is enough interest. ill keep everyone up to date with this in teh next few weeks.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
the problem is that the board inside that does the climate controls is the same board that does the radio....otherwise a solution would be presented by not and/or id be the first gen 3 to have done this....sorry to bust your bubble.

luck

Brad

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by the_spy_guy@Dec 16 2003, 02:23 AM
the problem is that the board inside that does the climate controls is the same board that does the radio....otherwise a solution would be presented by not and/or id be the first gen 3 to have done this....sorry to bust your bubble.

luck

Brad
Yup. The bro is right.

They are the same board. I looked into custom PCB bending but no dice, too risky.

-D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts