Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.. has anyone ever put Gen 4 wheels (the ones on the SES, ya know? not the SEL ones...) on a Gen 2? I was just thinking about it. Since, I read that all Tauruses (Tauri?) have the same bolt patterns. I think it'd look cool. B)

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Um... anyone have a link to his cardomain page?

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Do a member search on his name. I think it's in his signature.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
GEN4 rims fit just about every Taurus. For example, I have GEN2 SHO rims on my GEN3.

Its fun to mix and match!

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, putting on Gen IV wheels won't affect anything? Won't do anything w/ the speedo, etc..?

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Even 5-lug Thunderbird/Cougar rims will fit Taurus/Sable. I've been seing around town a 1998 LX with 1994-era Thunderbird LX wheels.

I put 1999 SE (5-spoke, polished aluminum 15") wheels on my 1993 Taurus GL and I love them. I scanned the pics today at my brothers house but he had to leave for work early (so did I, thats where I'm at now) so I didnt have a chance to post them. Sometime this week I'll get to it. I wanted 2000+ 16" alloys but $100 for a set of these was too damn good of a deal and therefor I was able to afford tires right away and get them on the car in a matter of days. I probably still wouldnt have been able to save up enough money to buy both the 16" wheels and tires on my measly sallary, lol.

Later, I plan to put these wheels on my 1988 Taurus L and then upgrade to 16" new style wheels with new GoodYear Assurance tires.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Here's a short list of wheels that will fit your Gen2 Taurus:

Any year Taurus (88-2004)
90's Thunderbird and Cougar
Ford Windstar
Lincoln Mark VIII
Early 90's Lincoln Continental

Here's a couple of examples:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts