Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at You Tube videos of guys replacing rear struts in what I thought were Gen 4 2000 -2007 models. Some had rear stabilizer bars and some did not. Mine is a 2005. It does not have a rear stabilizer bar. Rock Auto lists links for a stabilizer bar. Does anyone know the story on this? Were there some years where the bar was optional? Is the quick strut the same for models with a stabilizer bar vs those without one? Thanks. Spock

·
Registered
560 Posts
In late 2003, they stopped putting the rear sway bars on. My Feb 2004 manufactured Taurus came with struts without the tab to connect the links.

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
Struts will be the same if you buy aftermarket. They will just have the tabs for the links but won't be utilized. I replace them on my 2006 and it didn't have links.

·
Registered
121 Posts
It's an easy add if you've change your rear struts so that you have a place to connect the links.
The mounting holes are on the frame, spray them with some PB Blaster to clean them out.
Just need to get a bar, bolts and brackets from a junk yard donor.
Brackets are F6DZ-5486-AA, bar is 2F1Z-5A772-AA (early ones had separate bushings later are permanent thermo plastic).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts