Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have changed this belt. What brand did you put on and where did you get it? I would like to change this belt this weekend. My Taurus has 100,000 miles on the original serpentine and it is probably time to make a change.

SUP

·
Super Moderator
8,863 Posts
I have always had good luck with Dayco belts. I get stuff like belts from Rockauto. Stay away from the cheapest belt you can find. Like with most things, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gatorback

Sheila,

Thanks,

Just called Autozone. They are have one for my car. Cost $31.00. Did not show on the website but had in stock. By the time I am finished, the Taurus will be in great shape: new cam synchronizer / sensor; new front struts, frame bushings, new gatorback belt. On top of that I have already done a major tune up with the plugs, wires, coil pack replacement, starting sensor, air filter, oil & filter change, coolant drain & refill. Ought to be good for another 100,000. Just love driving this car.

SUP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.