Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have about 2 degrees of negative camber right now because I never drilled the spot welds when I put lowering springs on it. In the summer I run Perelli P Zero Neros 225/45 ZR 17, they're ok but could be better for auto cross.
-2 degree's is a decent starting point. However, These cars need closer to 3 for autocross. I'm currently running -3.2, will be at -3.5 by the first event.

-Sam

·
Registered
701 Posts
My '06 is also my daily driver so I have to keep things dialed down, keep it tolerable. The Eibachs are harsh enough.

·
Registered
303 Posts
My '06 is also my daily driver so I have to keep things dialed down, keep it tolerable. The Eibachs are harsh enough.
Eibachs when matched with a good strut ride pretty good. Coilovers however can ride even better when valved properly. The SHOsource coilover was the best riding suspension I have ever owned for a SHO (Better then any Koni, Tokico, Eibach, Intrax, Moog...etc combo). Nice and firm but far from harsh. The bumps were also very nicely rounded off with no pogo effect. The struts in those coilovers are valved incredibly well.

-Sam

·
Registered
303 Posts
If only they still made some. :(
Find some used Koni's that are blown, Koni will revalve them to YOUR specs. The cost is about 170 per strut and the wait time is pretty long but it's well worth it. (I had them revalve mine to handle a 750lb spring up front). :)

·
Registered
701 Posts
Eibachs when matched with a good strut ride pretty good. Coilovers however can ride even better when valved properly. The SHOsource coilover was the best riding suspension I have ever owned for a SHO (Better then any Koni, Tokico, Eibach, Intrax, Moog...etc combo). Nice and firm but far from harsh. The bumps were also very nicely rounded off with no pogo effect. The struts in those coilovers are valved incredibly well.

-Sam
My Ebachs and KYB are ok and they've held up fine for the past 50k miles. I know about the SHO Source coil overs but that is a lot of money to drop, can't really justify that sort of expense at the moment.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
9 Participants
jato
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing