Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
I didn't know they made slicers for the G4's. If I had the money, I would buy them over any 17 or 18" aftermarket rims anyday. The only rims I like better are the "retro" Mustang five-spoked GT rims.

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by silvapain@Mar 22 2004, 01:21 AM
I didn't know they made slicers for the G4's. If I had the money, I would buy them over any 17 or 18" aftermarket rims anyday. The only rims I like better are the "retro" Mustang five-spoked GT rims.
Only the sports, which ran for a year and a half. I was looking at SEL's, then saw the sport, you can see what I got

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Ohhh those are nice rims.. you can see what i choose too.. ses sport over the SEL

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
They will fit on all gens, but the question is how much speed do you lose/gain on the speedo if the car originally came with 15" rims?

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I have 16" Slicers on my Gen3 and I have no problem. It all depends on the tire size as far as the speedo and odometer readings. If you stay in the P225-55R16 or P215-60R16 sizes, the difference will not be noticed at all.

Use this calculator to check the size differences:

Tire Size Calculator

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Originally posted by Qwertz9586@Mar 22 2004, 07:28 PM
They will fit on all gens, but the question is how much speed do you lose/gain on the speedo if the car originally came with 15" rims?
As long as you get the right tires, it won't even be noticeable. My car came stock with 14" tires and I have 16's on Gen 4 sable rims now and haven't noticed any variations.

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Originally posted by n2_space+Mar 22 2004, 08:56 AM-->QUOTE (n2_space @ Mar 22 2004, 08:56 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-silvapain
@Mar 22 2004, 01:21 AM
I didn't know they made slicers for the G4's.  If I had the money, I would buy them over any 17 or 18" aftermarket rims anyday.  The only rims I like better are the "retro" Mustang five-spoked GT rims.
Only the sports, which ran for a year and a half. I was looking at SEL's, then saw the sport, you can see what I got
[/b]
The Sport Edition is still out...check your local Ford dealer. The ones here in CA have many '04 Sports.

-Kyle

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by kjw86ca+Mar 23 2004, 01:45 PM-->QUOTE (kjw86ca @ Mar 23 2004, 01:45 PM)
Originally posted by [email protected] 22 2004, 08:56 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-silvapain
@Mar 22 2004, 01:21 AM
I didn't know they made slicers for the G4's.  If I had the money, I would buy them over any 17 or 18" aftermarket rims anyday.  The only rims I like better are the "retro" Mustang five-spoked GT rims.

The Sport Edition is still out...check your local Ford dealer. The ones here in CA have many '04 Sports.

-Kyle [/b]
Pics are required, you know the rule

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Okay...I will try to get pics sometime. It might be awhile. I DID make a post about the Taurus having new rims and stuff...with the Sport edition still being arouund. I FINALLY DID POST PICS of the new rims available! So you gotta give me that. But I will get pics of the sports at the dealer. (or try.)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Originally posted by spridget@Mar 22 2004, 01:04 PM
but.... my new 17's arrived today
Don't be scared to take a couple pics and post them

If you don't have a digi camera, than tell us what wheels and tires you got.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts