Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had made an earlier post that said I needed help dismantling my radio. I've gotten it all apart and realized that it wasn't an El strip lighting the buttons, as I was informed, but instead 29 green and 2 yellow what appear to be 3mm LEDs. There are also what appear to be 3 white "wide angle bulbs/LEDs". Now my main problem is the clock. I wanted an all blue interior light scheme. The clock itself is a white light, however, the window in front of it is green... any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by TaurusSE2000@Feb 21 2004, 04:20 AM
I had made an earlier post that said I needed help dismantling my radio. I've gotten it all apart and realized that it wasn't an El strip lighting the buttons, as I was informed, but instead 29 green and 2 yellow what appear to be 3mm LEDs. There are also what appear to be 3 white "wide angle bulbs/LEDs". Now my main problem is the clock. I wanted an all blue interior light scheme. The clock itself is a white light, however, the window in front of it is green... any suggestions?
Nothing you can do about the color of the clock/radio.

-DC

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
the gen 3 faceplate is an el strip, and the gen 3 and 4 aftermarket faceplates are el strips. As for the lcd, i have no ideas without having one in my hand. you can get sheets of transparent blue lexan, put that over the display and see how blue that makes it.

Brad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts