Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a Gen 4 Radio, preferably not working as it would be cheaper, but working is fine. I dont even care if the cd/tape player is gone, i need the plastic part of it. If anyone as anything they think might work email [email protected] with pics...HELP :)

·
Don't Be Stupid
7,048 Posts
I need a Gen 4 Radio, preferably not working as it would be cheaper, but working is fine. I dont even care if the cd/tape player is gone, i need the plastic part of it. If anyone as anything they think might work email [email protected] with pics...HELP :) [/b]
That other thread you replied in is both the front and rear units. It will work for your application.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
because im going to rip the guts out of it. fiberglass over it and install the cage for my head unit and then it wont break ever damn time i need to pull it out. Im sick and tired of breaking hte re-epoxying the tabs of that POS metra unit :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have never have any problems with the Metra kit. Are you sure you don't have the Scosche kit?
[/b]
I dunno, i guess i didnt know there was a difference? Just googled it and it looks the same as mine, its just a piece of crap, update me when you do that LED dash conversion, ill be doing it in the spring(blue to match my head unit) Along w/ LED puddle lamps and dome light. AND CCFL trunk lights

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
I have never have any problems with the Metra kit. Are you sure you don't have the Scosche kit?
[/b]
I dunno, i guess i didnt know there was a difference?
[/b][/quote]

The Scosche kit is a thin front face and clear plastic post for the retaining clips

The Metra kit has a much thicker front, close the the depth of the stock radio, and black plastic post for the retaining clips that (if I remember right) are shaped to reinforce it.

update me when you do that LED dash conversion, ill be doing it in the spring(blue to match my head unit) Along w/ LED puddle lamps and dome light. AND CCFL trunk lights
[/b]
Whenever I get time and money to do it. Since I am going to be stuck home for 2 weeks this month (Working for a school district has its perks), I might get the money and start then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts