Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know how to get the cover panels off to get to the gauges in a Gen 4? I took out the screws above the cluster area and the service CD tells me there's one more, but I don't know how to get to it. <_< I'm trying to install my silver gauge bezel. Any help would be appreciated. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind... going back through I found out I have to remove the Center Finish Panel (around the radio) to get to the last screw. This going to be a big project just for a bezel... <_< Oh well, it'll look nice when it's finished. :)

·
Premium Member
7,308 Posts
Did the same thing with my 01 SEL a few weeks ago. A little effort but worth the look!

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by duraSEL01@Sep 19 2004, 09:22 PM
Did the same thing with my 01 SEL a few weeks ago. A little effort but worth the look!
Good to hear! Thanks. :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Originally posted by jason8225+Sep 19 2004, 09:33 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jason8225 @ Sep 19 2004, 09:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-duraSEL01@Sep 19 2004, 09:22 PM
Good to hear! Thanks. :) [/b][/quote]
Don't forget the kick panel below the steering wheel... it holds in the upper trim piece as well, but there's no screws behind it. In a previous post, I listed the steps as needed:

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7857&hl=

remove kickpanel under steering wheel (2 bolts)

Remove radio. U-tools avaliable @ AutoZone for $3.99

there are 5 screws in that bezel remove all

remove two screws above cluster, one screw to the right of the steering column, pop off trim

remove headlight switch from trim

work out the trim best as possible. This is tricky, but it'll work. the plastic has some play, so light to moderate force is okay. best to have the steering wheel all the way down as well.

(lens only) there are about 6 gold screws holding in the lens, a T10 Torx screwdriver is best here.

(full gauge) 2 screws to either side of the shift indicator, plus the 4 or 5 black screws holding in the cluster. Unplug the 2 wire leads and remove.

reverse process to re-install.

to replace the bezel, you'll only need to remove the lens, but I'm sure you already knew that...

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Can you post a photo of what this looks like once you're done and get it all back together? Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by HokieSES@Sep 20 2004, 09:10 PM
Can you post a photo of what this looks like once you're done and get it all back together? Thanks!
Sure. I'll try to get some pics during the install, too. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Haven't had time to do it yet, but I'll be sure to get pics when I do. ;) Gonna try to do it this week sometime so I have something nice to look at on the way to Rhode Island. :D

·
Registered
517 Posts
looks great!!!!! ;)

hey that is just after market gages too cause i would really like to have mine blue and would like to know what you did...

did you buy an aftermarket bezel or did you paint it?? i just painted mine i did not think they made them for a taurus...

:unsure:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts