Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this has been done before.

I like the sports car look of having a logo on the door sill as you enter it. Even more so I like the ones that light up.

So to put it simply, I took the Gen1 logo from two special junk yard Taurii, and cut a square using a drill and a saw in the doorsill. I'm adding a new underglow set for my interior, so I removed the lights I already had there and installed them underneath.

My result?

It looks pretty damn good in my opinion. I'm going to glue it down in time and maybe put a clear lens on the inside. Right now it's not completely, complete.

I only have two pictures for now since the rest turned out bad from the humidity fogging my camera lens.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
That is an awesome concept. I sense that another uber-popular mod has just been born...

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not hard to do either. With the right tools it only took me a couple of hours. Most of the time was spent cutting the sill and taking a razor to the "grooves" that pop up so it can sit flush with it. As far as installing the wiring, both sides of the door have the black and blue striped wire that powers the dome light. Just splice and you're set. Took like 15mins to do that for both sides. Now they pop on when you open the door and shut off with it closed. I've gotten a load of compliments on them so far. :D

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Very nice!

Something in my mind has been telling me to pop out those dash emblems from gen 1/2 bulls when I find them in the junkyards. Guess this is the reason why! I've already got a small stash :D

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup! You can see a little blue light reflecting off the bottom of the door panel when it's closed at night. It will also turn on and off with the dome light switch.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
VERY NICE Roach... +1 for thinking ahead here. This is always something I was thinking about, but I never thought about mounting it in the plastic moulding. I took and put Ford Motor Company script on the painted part in front and Ford ovals in the back. I always liked the old style door sills and thought these cars were lacking this little piece of trim.

Now I have to jump on the band wagon and try this on the wagon soon. :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts