Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got the speakers installed in the rear deck and it was time to install the changer that I picked up off of eBay... from everything I've read, the 2001 Taurus is pre-wired for a changer...

Well, I pulled back the cover in the left rear. I see the control module for the radio with the main wiring harness plugging into it and the antenna, as well...

But there is nothing for the changer to plug into!!! Could the plug be anywhere else?

The control module has an extra "space" for one more wiring harness to plug in, so I assumed I was just missing the jumper from the control module to the changer, so I called the Ford dealer and they showed no such part...

I'm at a loss here... can anyone help?

Thanks!

·
Registered
712 Posts
I emailed a .pdf that should help you find the connector. It's probably just tucked away somewhere. You'll find it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found the answer... there is a wiring harness for the cd changer. While the local Ford dealer could not find the information, they gave me a number of their supplier of radio parts and they knew what I needed right away.

I ended up buying the longer harness with the mounting kit to put the changer inside the console... perfect!

But, it won't ship until Tuesday so on Wednesday I'll have a working changer, hopefully...

Tomorrow, sub install and front speaker replacement... are the door panels pretty easy to get off?

·
Registered
712 Posts
When I first looked at that .pdf I thought the CD changer's harness was part of the radio harness. But I looked again and it does appear to be separate. I'll keep looking, but I am not good at navigating thru these diagrams yet.

·
Registered
712 Posts
OK, good.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by eCarâ„¢@Jul 2 2004, 03:54 PM
I emailed a .pdf that should help you find the connector. It's probably just tucked away somewhere. You'll find it.
Thanks a lot for the file... mine's just not there... prior owner probably pulled it out (I found a tab from a CD jewel box down in the recess, so there was probably one there at some time...)

I think I'll like it better in the console, anyway!

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Originally posted by eCarâ„¢@Jul 2 2004, 03:54 PM
Could you possibly send me that PDF as well?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Originally posted by daveromanjr+Jul 2 2004, 08:55 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (daveromanjr @ Jul 2 2004, 08:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-eCarâ„¢@Jul 2 2004, 03:54 PM
Could you possibly send me that PDF as well? [/b][/quote]
NP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts