Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of questions, if I may:

1. Cabin filter. I read a post somewhere here referring to a sticky on the subject, but can't find the sticky. Doesn't seem to be on the main page like they normally are. Could someone direct me to it please? I'm assuming all Bulls have a cabin air filter.

2. Brakes. With 70K miles, it's time to replace my front rotors/pads. I just put a set of Brembo rotors and Akebono ceramic pads on my Volvo, and i'm very happy with the set. I'd like to put the same Brembo/Akebono on the Bull. Rock Auto has Akebono pads, but no Brembo. But they do offer Bosch rotors. Anyone used these? If so, I'm curious about their performance/durability. Or has anyone found a source for Brembo?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
the cabin filter is under the hood. you have to remove the wipers and cowl to get it to. its under the pass side window. takes about 5 mins to get out. as far as brakes i use a diff set up/ i use ceramic pads from autozone and a cheap rotor. i change the rotors out every yr regardless of how they look. its cheap enough to do it and its extra insurance

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got Brembo rotors and ceramic pads on my 01, they do have them (I think I got mine from Ebay, or amazon, I'm not sure). The cabin air filter is very easy to install and it only takes five minutes here is a video on how to do it;

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Excellent vid, Seph. Also, I did a quick search on ebay and Amazon for Brembo, but no luck. So I just ordered some Akebono pads and EBC rotors from Auto Parts Warehouse. I know EBC as I've used they're well known for motorcycle brakes too, so if they're auto stuff's as good as their bike stuff, I should have no issue.

Appreciate the help again, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
The wipers do not need to be removed to get to the cabin air filter, at least on the G4s. Easy to get at it. Remove the 3 or 4 U shaped spring clips holding pass side upper cowl to lower cowl. Grap upper cowl and pull straight up. Pul hard. Pop rain hat from mounting points on each side. It wont come up very far, but enough to remove filter. Reverse steps to install.

·
Registered
10,926 Posts
Filter

............And now you have a passenger floor leak. Just kidding, lol!
Maybe not kidding. Not getting that water roof in place correctly will let water go down into the fan and collect in the motor. My '01 did that and I drilled a drain hole in the motor shroud to let the water out next time. I took the blower off and cleaned the motor.

I got a spare from the pick a part from a car with 44K on it. From an '03. It had a drain hole in the bottom of the plastic cover, much like the one I put in my '01.

-chart-

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
If the top cowl piece doesnt seal well, run a bead of RTV under it on the glass so it seals the cowl to the glass. Next time you pull it, just cut the bead with an exacto knife or razor blade. I have done this on both our G4s, and it works well and cutting the RTV bead only takes a minute next time removal is needed.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
The wipers do not need to be removed to get to the cabin air filter, at least on the G4s. Easy to get at it. Remove the 3 or 4 U shaped spring clips holding pass side upper cowl to lower cowl. Grap upper cowl and pull straight up. Pul hard. Pop rain hat from mounting points on each side. It wont come up very far, but enough to remove filter. Reverse steps to install.
this is correct you do not have to take the wipers off. however under the cowl you will find leaves and other crap. i clean my whole tray out so the filter stays cleaner longer. this is why i suggest to remove the wipers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts