Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we are reaching an azimuth in the number of Gen 4’s at self serve yards. I checked the two Calgary Pick N Pulls and there are a total of 38 Gen 4’s in the lots. That’s about 3 times as many as a few years ago. The cars would be 11 to 18 years old. Is that what you guys are seeing?

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
I know that I see less on the roads at least in Ohio. Also I called Pull a Part to see what the value my 2001 Taurus to them and it was a lot less than two years ago. Supply and demand, I guess.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I am not seeing that at my local PNP yards. Last time I was there, there were a total of 5 of them inbetween the 2 yards I have available.

·
Registered
1998 Ford Taurus SE
19 Posts
This is an older thread at this point in time, but I see more Taurus's and Focus's than any other single make/model. Is that due to sheer mfg #'s, or build/maintenance quality?
I should probably let you all know that I am in the Seattle area, rather than the rust belt or snowmageddon. We have our share of rust, but moss is one of our biggest enemies.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Check out Row52 (.com or the app). A lot of self-serve yards are listed there along with their inventory and you might be able to compare better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 Taurus SE
8 Posts
The biggest one near me in central WI (Gibsons) had 2 rows of mostly taurus/sable prob about 40 total. NONE of which had the god damn jbl or mach amp that i was digging for! Did find some crystal clean headlights tho

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Here local JY has maybe 15 or so Bulls. I got 2 sets of what is in the pic. Converted both my Sables. Of course here, most of them come to the JY due to rust. Good headlight rare. They get sand blasted in winter snow/sand roads.
Local JY ~2.5 miles away.
-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
The biggest one near me in central WI (Gibsons) had 2 rows of mostly taurus/sable prob about 40 total. NONE of which had the god damn jbl or mach amp that i was digging for! Did find some crystal clean headlights tho
I've got a two spare MACH sitting on my shelf in the garage.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think we are reaching an azimuth in the number of Gen 4’s at self serve yards. I checked the two Calgary Pick N Pulls and there are a total of 38 Gen 4’s in the lots. That’s about 3 times as many as a few years ago. The cars would be 11 to 18 years old. Is that what you guys are seeing?
Here in PDX we have three Pick n Pulls within 20ish minutes of me.
Between them, there are 49 00-07

But the Portland Metropolitan area has almost 2 1/2 million people.

If that helps.

·
Registered
2005 Taurus SE
8 Posts
I've got a two spare MACH sitting on my shelf in the garage.
Finally did end up finding one on my last trip 2 weeks ago in an 05 wagon, definitely sounds much better even with the stock speakers. Will have to add some 6x8s to my list lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here local JY has maybe 15 or so Bulls. I got 2 sets of what is in the pic. Converted both my Sables. Of course here, most of them come to the JY due to rust. Good headlight rare. They get sand blasted in winter snow/sand roads.
Local JY ~2.5 miles away.
-chart-
You lucky bastard! hahaha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts