Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the good news is I've got a shop that sounds pretty compitent lined up to do the work. Also the body kit made it to my apartment today.

The bad news is it looks like it was beaten with a nine iron and then ran over by a golf cart. I think the side skirts are OK, but the bumper cover is all busted to hell. I've lodged a complaint with the shipping company. They're supposed to send me a form (I thought via e-mail) that will begin the claims process. I called Andy's Autosport, and they were very quick to point fingers at the shipping company and basically take zero responsability helping me work this out. Here are some picture of how the box and bumper looked when it arrived:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The most frustrating part is now I have to wait for the claims to go through, then get a claims check and THEN order the front bumper again.

-Dan

G

·
Sorry to see this happened, Dan. :( That's a joke that the even delivered it! They should have said something, or left a note or something - like it wasn't obvious that it was in terrible condition!! :blink: Well, I hope they get something worked out quickly for you. :)

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Did you buy shipping insurance, please say you did. :eek:

Also, why did you even accept it if it looked like that? I hope you didnt sign off on it because if you did you probably wont get reimbursed for it.

I've never seen anything so own3d by the shipping company. :blink: Who shipped it?

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, I THOUGHT I had posted a message here about it, but the network demons must have ate it.

ANYWAY the package was shipped via Yellow Transportation, which seems to be a commercial shipping business. I wasn't home so I didn't sign for it. I gave the management of my apartment complex permission to let the delivery guy in to drop my package off. They normally sign for it and keep the packages in the office, which is very nice for working people like me, but I guess they decided not to just refuse the package or they didn't know they could.

At any rate, either the shipping guy or my management staff did note on the form "CONTENTS DAMAGED". I think it was the shipping guy cause next to it was signed "R.M." something "for Yellow". I just have a carbon copy of the reciept, which means that the shipping company has it recoreded as damaged on delivery as well.

-Dan

·
Registered
51 Posts
Man, that would so upset me!
What a crock of crap to get your body kit in that form.
I would fine the lil shits who probably threw it on the truck and threw other **** on it. Sucks but UPS stockers just dont give a ****

kill em all ;)

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
ive delt with yellow transportation at work and those guys are ususally pretty good about handling things. my question is y didnt andy's put the body kit in a more stable box, u would expect them to put it in a crate, not in a lil cardboard box with no support. and does it say anywhere on the box "do not stack" "fragile" or anything else that might say handle with extreme care?

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The side of the box says "WARNING: Top Load Only. Do Not Use Forklift. Fragile Glass." I'm going to call them again and see what I'm supposed to do next. I thought the lady on the phone yesterday said I'd get e-mailed a form yesterday to fill out and return.

-Dan

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Hey Dan-

I'm so sorry to hear about all that! The pictures made me cringe...

I think that both companies are at fault. If you look at the situation from a strictly legal standpoint, Andy's is at fault because they didn't package the contents with appropriate packing material and did not take all reasonable measures to ensure that the package would arrive undamaged. On the other hand, the shipping company is liable for the safe delivery of the item, as part of a reasonable estimation of the services provided. You have both companies in an actionable situation, should they decide to screw with you. If one of them hasn't resolved the problem within a week, I would contact an attorney.

I had a similiar situation to this a couple months ago. I bought a really nice Sony home audio receiver on ebay, used. They guy said it worked fine, and I was trying to save money. Anyway, I received it, and tested it out, and nothing worked properly. I contacted the guy, and he said that he would file with Fedex. I had to send the receiver, in the original packing material, back to Fedex. After not hearing anything from them for two weeks, I got the receiver back, and it was falling out of the box. Needless to say, there was barely any packing material left in the box, and all the tape had been cut, with only a small strip re-applied for the return to me. In the end, it took Fedex almost three weeks, after I received the package back, to refund the money. Also, a week ago, I ordered a few pairs of pants from OldNavy.com and they were shiped Fedex overnight, since I needed them ASAP. I was supposed to get them Tuesday, but Fedex tried to deliver the pants to the wrong address three days in a row. Eventually, I got a call from them and they said that they had made a mistake and had een delivering around the corner, and that I'd have it the next day. I didn't get them until Monday, and the box was completely opened. It was a freaking disgrace. Anyway, long story short, Old Navy refunded me my shipping cost, which was like 20 bucks, since it was overnight. Moral of the story...don't trust Fedex or this place Yellow...go UPS!

JR

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
that sucks dude. I agree with Mario, it looks like Andy's didn't do a great job packaging the kit, but it also looks like the shipping company wasn't real careful with it either. I'd try to get Andy's to do a little better job packaging it when the send the second one.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek:

WTF?!?! That's insane! I've never seen anything remotely close to being that fubar from delivery! Jackassery afoot...

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Man I hate that happened.I wonder why there weren't wooden braces in the box as well as more bubble wrap in the box than what was shown? That's scary. Makes me want to drive all the way out to Cali just to get my kit so at least that way if it does get messed up, I did it. Were you home when they dropped it off or did they leave it at the rental office? Now I have everything delivered to my office now so I can see it rather than going to the rental office after work and end up feeling like I'm pretty sure you feel... :fuming:

Thanks for the information. You've actually helped me out as far as having my kit shipped here. Hope it all works out. K.U.P.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
man, that really sucks!! I dont think that any way of packing that would of helped stop your kit from being crushed...looks like a lot of pressure was put on that box to make it crumble like that... packing peanuts or not, your kit was doomed.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, I don't think it was Andy's fault. It's a fiberglass kit and withstand a ittle bendign and stretching, but when the box looks like THAT when it is clearly marked, it's a shipping issue.

Anyway, Jalal from Andy's just e-mailed me back and said he'd have someone call me to take care of this. His e-mail said not to take anything outside of the box. I did take the bumper out so I could get pictures of the damage. I thought it was for my own good. I put everything back in as I had found it though. Hopefully with Andy's working with the shipping company, they'll be able to make this turn round much faster. I imagine they can work something out where the shipping company can confirm the damange and Andy's can begin shipping me a new bumper without having to wait much. Then I'll be able to get this kit all installed for everyone to see.

-Dan

1 - 20 of 34 Posts