Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
For the age of this transmission, it had very low mileage on it. Scheduled next Thursday to install a new, OEM clutch.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was thinking about doing this with the sable when a go Turbo. Do you know if this setup would work with the Duratec?

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #123 (Edited)
I was thinking about doing this with the sable when a go Turbo. Do you know if this setup would work with the Duratec?
Yeah, it can be done using a Mazda transaxle. I think the one for the Mazda 6 bolts up. I might suggest doing the manual swap before the turbo just in case your current tranny is worn down and might have trouble with the extra torque it will be dealing with. And to add a little extra security, heavy duty polyurethane tranny and motor mounts to help keep things stable and tight.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I think a 4S starts slipping after 2-3 years. I don't think it exists at 23.
LOOOOOOLLLL! Replace the S with the N, and I hear ya! 1st thing done to my car...! None less...I've wanted to do the Mazda 6 swap to my OTHER SHO (the one I dream of...The SHO wagon from hell ;D) but price would be humungous!

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
LOOOOOOLLLL! Replace the S with the N, and I hear ya! 1st thing done to my car...! None less...I've wanted to do the Mazda 6 swap to my OTHER SHO (the one I dream of...The SHO wagon from hell ;D) but price would be humungous!
Do you have an estimate on doing it?

·
Registered
233 Posts
AFAIK, nesho is still doing manual swaps for ~4-5k. Something about the 2.5 5-speed doesn't work. I think it's the passenger side shaft. They take the G1/2 manual and make an adapter plate. There's a thread over on shoforum.com.

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Just installed a new BULLY Stage 1 clutch kit. No more slipping. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
The pics are the clutch kit, then flywheel removed to be machined, then machined flywheel reinstalled, and finally, the stage 1 clutch installed.

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Words can't describe how jealous I am. Oh wait, maybe they can...

I want to steal your car.
HA HA HA Thanks buddy. But you should wait till I get her finished. :lol2:

121 - 132 of 132 Posts