Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have recently purchased subs and an amp for my Taurus. The issue ive come across is that once i get the current stock radio out how to get the new one in. Ive been searching through the forums and ive found what i believe is two options for a dash kit. the one is the metra but thats 170 dollars and puts me a little over budget for this project. and ive seen another one but its not the same climate control as i have in mine.
http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/117...-aftermarket-stereo-install-w-airbag-mod.html

that option right there. any help on this is welcomed. i plan to do this in a few weeks and im in the rock hill area if anyone has any expertise on this they are more than willing to come and help lol

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
It'll most likely cost more to convert the HVAC system to run with the manual controls than it will to just buy the digital kit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I believe that link you provided refers to the metra kit before it came with the airbag light available. I don't believe it will solve your problem with the auto temp controls.

I wanted bluetooth and Ipod for my 06 with manual temp. I bought the metra kit with the airbag light built in (model refresh).

I wasn't thrilled about putting out $200 for an adapter plate (ie metra) but what can you do............

I'm happy with the kit, it's fit/finish and the functionality of the HU I'll be happy with the metra as long as it stands up to the test of time.

If it was me I'd buy the metra kit built for the auto temp controls.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts