Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
99 Gen 3 Taurus wagon

Searched for quad seating, captains chairs, rear buckets, four buckets, etc both here and outside our forums.

Has anybody swapped out the rear seat of a wagon for bucket seats? Seen it? Any discussion that I couldn’t find here on it?

Hopefully the Chilton’s guide that I ordered is here this week. At least I can get some idea about fitting rails back there. I realize it would leave the cargo area open on the sides and middle. It would also remove a bunch of cargo capacity and a passenger seat. But I was also thinking of a custom console the full length from underneath the ashtray to the rear axle hump. It could house a ton of things.

Maybe another pipe dream, but I figure the parts would be inexpensive with all of the availability at wrecking yards and if it’s something that might work couldn’t hurt to ask about it.

As always, I appreciate your input, knowledge, experience, ingenuity, and ideas.

Marc

Sent from some little thing I hear voices from.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I have seen them, but it was all custom. Some Audiophile that was using the center area for speakers and amps. But the seats were not safe, just for show.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:cry:

Well, I guess it would kill the cargo capacity, the reason I got a wagon in the first place.

Hey, but this arrived today :)

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
mcsteven
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing