Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I got the gen3 with auto climate controls and what appears to be a better than average sound system but no cd changer (controls on the deck for it though)
So I know i can't anything out without making it look like crap but what do i need to make everything interact with current audio setup?
in other words what does it take to add in a amplifier for subs (I know how to do power them but how about signal? are the RCA jacks anywhere or do you gotta convert em?) And the current amplifier appears to be located in the truck right? at least the antenna plugs into back there i found...
Also what cd changer works with the controls on the deck? I'd do FM modulated but i'd like to not have to deal with a remotes...but i kinda would like mp3 since thats what my old bull had and was nice to not hae to swap cd's on long trips

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
crutchfield sells aftermarket CD changers that use the stock controls. THere are no RCA outs on the stock head units, you'll have to either use speaker line input to your amps, or get an speaker/RCA convertors. THe stock amp is in the trunk.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone have a wiring diagram as to what goes where for the factory amp? I see a lot of colored wires but no pairings like i'd expect for speaker outs and theres like 3 read wires and 3 yellow ones...not had the courage yet to go poking around with a line tester

1 - 3 of 3 Posts