Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 98 started peeing trannie fluid below the radiator. Not a lot a first, but i had to refill the trannie once a week.

there are two cooler lines coming from the AX4S. Its hard hose, flex, hard hose, flex, radiator.
I looked under the radiator. took off the clip passenger side that holds the lines on. the hard metal lines
were rusted at the point of the clamp. cleaned it off and fired it up. I could see one line peeing at that point.

Being the cheap skate i am and not having a donor around at the time, i went another route to fix it for now.

I took off both clamps and pulled the offending line down as far as i could. I then used my angle grinder
and cut the metal line in half about where the leak was. I then got a 3" rubber hose and spliced the two sections back
together with three screw on clamps. All seems to be well now until i can find the proper hoses off a donor.

Anyone know if the AX4N/AX4S cooler lines are the same? I never saved the cooler lines before

bob

·
Registered
955 Posts
Do you have the cooler that looks like a straight tube (in front of radiator) or the type that sits on the side of the radiator itself?

If it is the side radiator cooler type, then I would assume that they are the same for the simple fact that the radiators are the same in both transmissions.

I don't know for sure though.

·
Registered
121 Posts
QUOTE (soundu @ Jun 8 2010, 10:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=810370
My 98 started peeing trannie fluid below the radiator. Not a lot a first, but i had to refill the trannie once a week.

there are two cooler lines coming from the AX4S. Its hard hose, flex, hard hose, flex, radiator.
I looked under the radiator. took off the clip passenger side that holds the lines on. the hard metal lines
were rusted at the point of the clamp. cleaned it off and fired it up. I could see one line peeing at that point.

Being the cheap skate i am and not having a donor around at the time, i went another route to fix it for now.

I took off both clamps and pulled the offending line down as far as i could. I then used my angle grinder
and cut the metal line in half about where the leak was. I then got a 3" rubber hose and spliced the two sections back
together with three screw on clamps. All seems to be well now until i can find the proper hoses off a donor.

Anyone know if the AX4N/AX4S cooler lines are the same? I never saved the cooler lines before

bob[/b]
I have replaced metal transmission lines with the high pressure 3/8 rubber hose in the same manner you have many times. I use a small tube cutter on the metal lines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts