Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if these are the stock wheels for a 96 LX. I got a sweet deal on this honey about a year ago, and was looking on doing some more work on it this summer.

Attachments

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Yes, I have the same wheels on my 96 LX.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah alright, thanks guys. 97, yours look nice. I really need to give mine a good cleaning. Soon I hope lol

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
The chrome ones look pretty neat on the interstate, when they're all cleaned up and polished.

·
Registered
23,355 Posts
Yes, theyre still mounted on the car. I havent decided their fate yet. They look a lot better than the ones on my 2 98 sables and 99 taurus. They look identical to the ones in the pic by 97LX if those are chromies. Mine are, but my old eyes cant distinguish aluminum from chrome in the pic, lol.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
I see those here at the JY's all the time on gen3's. If your in the cleveland area, stop in and take a look.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ha I wish I could take that kind of road trip. I'm in Oregon though :/

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
97LX's are the polished aluminum wheels, better looking, IMHO. I have the chromed aluminum's, a PITA trying to stop the chrome peeling on the insides. I'd like to strip the chrome completely if I could, there's electrolysis going on in between the aluminum and the chrome plate. Life in the Salt Belt.

Edit: Blue, I have a set of 5 spoke 96GL alloys in Upstate, NY if you're interested.

·
Registered
5 Posts
will wheels from lincoln fit they are 16x7 i have 15" on 1990 sable wagon don't know width not much clearance on rear will be using 205/55/16 tires if they do what width are the factory 15" alum. wheels i have the cheesy looking lacy style wheels is there a website out there that shows all the different wheels from the taurus' thanks

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I found out that this site is very usefull. I am cheching it out too, to go from present 15" to 16" (standard too on Mercury/Taurus) or higher to 17".
My '96 looks like it would "take" 16x7.0 with bolt pattern 5x108 (5x4.25), ET40, 5.6"BS OR 17x7.5 with bolt pattern 5x108 (5x4.25), ET35, 5.6"BS.
Check on the left "the size comparer".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts