Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am wondering if i am seeing things or its just my SHO when i went to get my speakers replaced today i pretty brought the whole garage to a halt when i found that each speaker on my SHO Are JBL (not sure if was this way in 1997) but Each Speaker looks like it has its own individual amp on the back of the speaker

some insight please

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Do you have the sub and JBL amp in your car too??
What was the build date of your car?
Left over parts maybe?? :)

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
That's the only thing I can think of....1997 Taurii with premium sound should have came with Mach audio amp and speakers that actually said Mach on them

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
QUOTE (lichring @ Mar 6 2009, 10:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=706225
i am wondering if i am seeing things or its just my SHO when i went to get my speakers replaced today i pretty brought the whole garage to a halt when i found that each speaker on my SHO Are JBL (not sure if was this way in 1997) but Each Speaker looks like it has its own individual amp on the back of the speaker

some insight please[/b]

I do not see why you are so surprise. If you have a 96-98 SHO you should have the JBL Unit. You should be able to read JBL on the tweeters cover ( front doors) and have 3 speakers behind the back seat. Now I have seen a couple 99 with regular tweeters and 1 with the mach unit but those are very, very rare. probably late productions.

The JBL tweeters are larger than the regular tweeter including mach. If you pull one out it says JBL. A mach is the same size as the regular tweeter and say Premium. JBL Speakers look just like a any other taurus speaker and the only difference I have seen is some type of filter outside and the walls of the speakers are
made of a heavier material, otherwise they all look the same.

Lucky. B)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
the JBL system was only available in 96 and from there on ALL SHO's got the mach system. so i would say they have been replaced unless like others said spare parts?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its only for the front four the backs are Ford Mach audio

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I've seen a couple of MACH RCUs in 1997 models with a JBL sticker on them. No idea why...

But yea, 96 ONLY for JBL :)

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
You probably have an early built 97 and Ford was clearing out its stock of JBL items. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts