Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a pair of Gen 3 rear subframe bushings in fair condition--I don't care if they are dirty as hell, just as long as they are in working condition. If anyone has recently switched to aluminum bushings, maybe they'd be willing to part with their old rear bushings? :makeadeal:

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Dan,

If I can find a set of Bryan King's aluminum bushing (or a similar cup style bushing), like i had posted a WTB thread on, then i'd gladly send you the rubber ones you are looking for. If you have any suggestions on where i can get the aluminum cup style ones i'm looking for let me know.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by hightecredneck@Jun 27 2004, 08:51 PM
Dan,

If I can find a set of Bryan King's aluminum bushing (or a similar cup style bushing), like i had posted a WTB thread on, then i'd gladly send you the rubber ones you are looking for. If you have any suggestions on where i can get the aluminum cup style ones i'm looking for let me know.
I am removing my aluminum SFBs, at least temporarily. They are too harsh for my roads. I want to try putting the Gen 3 rear bushings on all 4 corners. The main problem with the stock configuration is that the front bushings are WAY too soft. The rears are quite firm, since they are a nylon (or ABS?) core with only a coating of rubber to dampen vibration. I don't want to part with my aluminum bushings yet, but once I try the Gen 3 rear bushings all around, I may be looking to sell the Al FSBs. BTW, they are the cup style.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by SixFoFalcon@Jun 28 2004, 10:15 AM
I am removing my aluminum SFBs, at least temporarily. They are too harsh for my roads. I want to try putting the Gen 3 rear bushings on all 4 corners. The main problem with the stock configuration is that the front bushings are WAY too soft. The rears are quite firm, since they are a nylon (or ABS?) core with only a coating of rubber to dampen vibration. I don't want to part with my aluminum bushings yet, but once I try the Gen 3 rear bushings all around, I may be looking to sell the Al FSBs. BTW, they are the cup style.
Well let me know either way if you decide to sell them or not, if you do and i'm still in the market then consider me first in line. Bob gave me some other places to look for them and will see what they got and what prices. If i do end up getting them from one of these other places and a my rear oem ones are available i'll let you know.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Dan, I found the OEM rear SFB's. They appear to be in great shape. The fronts, however, were shot.

I sent you an email.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, thanks to spridget, I'm now rolling on 4 rear-style stock subframe bushings. I may keep the ASFBs for track use, but I really see no difference in handling or steering response between the ASFBs and the stock Gen3 rear bushings at all four corners. The place I DO see a huge difference is in ride comfort. The ASFBs were harsh, the Gen 3 rear bushings are almost as smooth as stock, but not as sloppy in the turn-in.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
So where did you find the oem rear SFB at Luke? Just in case i have the same issues that Dan had.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
I sent him the OEM bushings I removed when I installed the aluminum SFB's.

The only problem I see with this... the OEM front bushings have a "hat" that fits into a hole in the subframe. The rears are just "pucks". I wonder if placing the rears in place of the fronts might enable the subframe to slide forward or backward, as the bushings are just flat pucks. As long as everything stays tight, there should not be a problem.

If you are looking for OEM bushings, try Ford Parts Network. Prices are great (for brand new OEM) and the service is excellent.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, considering the Al SFBs are "pucks" as well, I don't see any problem with the rear bushings over the Al ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts